CGF Forest Positive Coalition of Action Beef Roadmap: Version 1.0
The Beef Working Group of the CGF Forest Positive Coalition is composed of manufacturers and retailers who are committed to working towards a forest positive future for the beef sector. The Beef Roadmap lays out the specific commitments, proposed actions and KPIs that the group can consider implementing to drive change. Building on the progress made by other initiatives in the beef sector, the Beef Working Group will focus on actions where members’ collaboration can add the most value towards a forest positive sector:
- Working individually and collectively to implement commitments through timebound action plans and clear targets;
- Collectively engaging key meatpackers and suppliers to deliver on commitments across their entire businesses through the communication of the Coalition proposed expectations (which can be adapted by each member) and by tracking progress towards meeting them;
- Supporting the development of a shared understanding of deforestation and native vegetation conversion in cattle landscapes and using this information to implement effective responses;
- Identifying priority beef origins for engagement and contributing to regional approaches and landscape initiatives to promote forest positive production of beef and other cattle derived products; and
- Improving transparency in the supply chain through the alignment of reported KPIs related to traceability, engagement, and performance.