In the real world
Key points for companies
Developing public messages, stories, and events will encourage L/JI stakeholders to discuss the overall purpose of the initiative
External conditions that improve likelihood of success
- The L/JI is developed enough as concept or in implementation to be ready for public launch/outreach
- The L/JI understands its target audiences and media channels for communicating its vision and work
- To reach these target audiences, it has access to the most relevant broadcast media (radio, TV) and social media (platforms, blogs, podcasts)
- L/JI partners are willing to contribute spokespeople and recruit well-known government, business, NGO, entertainment figures to endorse the initiative
The business case for this intervention
- By aligning jurisdictional goals and KPIs with its own sustainability messages, a company can leverage multi-stakeholder efforts to help amplify the story it needs to convey.
- Shared narratives can serve double-duty as a company’s ‘unbranded’ communication and augment the credibility of the message itself for targeted audiences.
- Communicating the initiative to the residents and organizations operating in the landscape/jurisdiction can help to grow local support for it.
- Honest storytelling gains recognition for the company’s contributions and strengthens its credibility and relationships in the jurisdiction.